A Beautiful Moment in China

A Beautiful Moment in China
Yes, I look weathered; it had been a long climb. But I was about to reach the Buddhist temple outside of Shao Xing.

Friday 23 August 2013

Song of Australia Is Born




It’s almost a cliché: for an author, the launch of a new book can be somewhat like the birth of a child. (I know some people would argue against that comparison!) Still, with joy and relief I can announce that my book of historical fiction has been born and is now available to readers. (Perhaps I should say the e-book is available: the paperback will be out in just a few more days.)

I’m very satisfied with the final product. In length it’s a novella, although it comprises three stories connected by recurring characters, setting and theme. No, I won’t spoil it for you by giving away any more than that! Of course, I have been banging on about various things related to it in a few posts to this blog—magpies, national anthems, sacrifice of life and so on. But you can find out much more for yourself if you just click here 

The version on sale there is for downloading to a Kindle, but you can also read it on your computer. By the way, did you know that if you don’t have a Kindle reader, you can get an app to allow you to read Kindle books on smartphones and tablets? And it’s FREE! Just look there on the Amazon page for the links and details.

I’ll soon be announcing the publication of the paperback edition. And whatever version you read, I look forward to hearing anything you have to say about Song of Australia.

2 comments:

  1. Warmest congratulations on the launch of your new book Song of Australia! Wishing you every success with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Miriam. You yourself know what it's like for an author to see the fruit of their labour up there for sale at last. My best wishes for your books too!

    ReplyDelete